Free, open-source, and all that other stuff
- EVACopy is free for any use: personal, commercial, or otherwise. No shareware, no demo, no paid "pro" version. FREE.
- EVACopy is NOT a registered trademark; it's just a nice name I came up with. Someone else may use this name in the future for some other product, software or service; I can't do anything about that, and I have no such intention. I trust you to know which is which.
- EVACopy is portable. Not so much in a sense that it can run from your disk-on-key, but it means that no setup is required, no administrative privileges, no messing around with system files or the registry, no need for Java, .NET, or any other dependencies.
- EVACopy was developed and used under Windows XP, and should work fine under later versions of Windows. If you're having trouble with that (and you're sure it's not any trivial issue, like permissions and stuff), let me know.
- No internet connection is needed, and EVACopy will make no attempt to connect to the internet. This also means that EVACopy does NOT check for updates, so you are advised to check the website every now and then.
- There's only the obvious no-liability thing (which means EVACopy can NOT be liable for any damage you may have inflicted upon your system). There is no nagging and useless EULA, and no lawyers were involved here. How bored do you think I am? ;-)